MIND YOUR PRIVACY
Note that your document images will be sent to WeOCR servers.
This means that server administrators might be able to see your document images
or their recognized texts if they tried.
When privacy matters, do not use WeOCR services.
Stand-alone OCR products, most of which are commercial ones,
are for you in that case.
We are providing WeOCR services, since we believe that there are still
a lot of documet images in which privacy does not matter.
If you would like to use the WeOCR service here,
you have to agree the following :
- Your document images will be sent to the WeOCR server.
(Just like your texts are sent to search engines, translation services, etc.)
- Some of your documents might be used for academic research purposes.
- OCR developers might pick up some of the documents sent to
the server and investigate them to improve
the accuracy and functions of their OCRs.
We follow the rules shown below,
when we have access to the documents either intentionally or accidentally :
- We never publish the contents of your documents, in any form.
- We never pass the document data, partially or as a whole,
to the people outside our research group.
- We never use any personal information appearing in the documents
for commercial purposes.
Note: The subjects "we" in this document mean "the administrators of this server".
They are not "the developers of the WeOCR programs" or "the developers of the OCRs".